30/05/2016

The Cheerleaders (1973)


"Who wants my cherry?" - Suzie

Cheerleaders run free. Sex ensues.
Starring: Stephanie Fondue, Denise Dillaway, Jovita Bush, Brandi Woods

Link to IMDB

The Amarosa Highschool cheerleading team are a wild bunch of gals, but they're in need of one more girl to complete the team before the big game. Jeannie is a quiet girl, but she's also eager to try out for the team and get some excitement in her life away from her boring boyfriend. Jeannie gets accepted into the ranks of the cheerleaders but the girls are all shocked to discover that she's a virgin, although that's something Jeannie hopes to quickly change. And that's pretty much the entire plot.


Jeannie
The only other narrative here is that the two head cheerleaders have a wager if Jeannie will stay pure or not, and the loser has to sleep with the perverted school janitor, so the "humour" comes from watching as everyone helps Jeannie get closer to losing her virginity.
The entire premise is that "sluts are funny," so the movie is all sloppy perverted sex hijinks. Someone is getting naked every five minutes, and every ten minutes there's a clumsy sex scene for no reason... Repeat for 90 minutes.
I don't have a problem with gratuitous sexploitation and inappropriate antics (look at how much I loved H.O.T.S.) but this movie is basically just a softcore porno played for laughs, with almost nothing for the characters to do when they have clothes on (except to take them off.)


Most of the movie is this.
A movie like H.O.T.S. or Porky's is all about making comedic situations, while The Cheerleaders just wants to be raunchy smut for deviants, and none of it is even mildly arousing.
It's not all terrible (I got some laughs at the sheer audacity of events) but the sleazy sex interrupting every attempt at creating plot had me rolling my eyes and constantly checking how much longer I'd have to stare at butts flopping around.

Be sure not to miss:
- "There's malaria in the area."
- Most of the actors used fake names for this project. Just like a real porno.
- One positive thing I'll mention is that at least the girls are (usually) portrayed as being sexually empowered and in charge, instead of just being victims or objects.

Internet review:
"A dirty old man movie." - Aldrich

Should I watch it?
No.

Where can I find it?
The vidzi link here.

The Cheerleaders gets...

No comments:

Post a Comment