aka: Solar Force
A cop from the moon tries to bring order to a ruined Earth.
Starring: Michael Paré, Billy Drago, Walker Brandt, Robin Smith
Link to IMDB
The year is 2050 and the surface of the Earth has become a wasteland after the atmosphere was destroyed in a war, but humans have built a large city on the moon and are trying to find a scientific "cure" to restore their damaged planet. Small groups of people still live on Earth, but they're all savages that exist in anarchy and filth. After a terrorist attack on the moon, the cure is stolen by Earth extremists that want the science for themselves. Enter Captain Brody, one of the best Lunar Cops in town, and he's been tasked to go to Earth and recover the cure before the savages ruin it. Once on Earth, Brody learns that there are still some civilized people alive, trying to raise their families in the harsh desert but they're constantly harassed by the savage motorcycle gangs. After saving a farming village from a recent gang attack, Brody befriends Thora and the elders of her village.
The motorcycle gang, led by a crazy guy named Kay, now want to kill Brody and destroy the village, but luckily Brody has years of Lunar Cop experience at his disposal.
These scenes are done well enough and Brody is cool as the lone hero protecting the innocent, but it drags on for a very long time. By the 436th slow-motion motorcycle stunt, I just wanted to get back to some semblance of a plot.
![]() |
| Kay |
![]() |
| Thora |
The third act does get the story back in motion, and it gets more interesting than I was expecting. When Brody's not shooting thugs and making things explode, the plot actually plays with some interesting ideas. I can't explain any of it without ruining the surprises, but let me just say that everyone has been hiding the truth of the situation from Brody, and everything he believed in will be shaken by a bittersweet conclusion.
Oh, and Brody also fights a lunar cyborg, so that's pretty cool, I guess.
Be sure not to miss:
- Watermelon bombs? Now I've seen everything.
- When a buried motorcycle and rider fly out of the ground as an ambush. How was that possible!?
Internet review:
"It was always just good enough to keep me watching." - stormruston
Should I watch it?
It's a decent time, but not essential.
Where can I find it?
The vidzi link here.
Lunar Cop gets...





No comments:
Post a Comment