"I'm not going to guilt, I'm going to hell." - Tom
Mad scientists are making chilly zombies.
Starring: Renee Harmon, Wolf Muser, Lynne Kocol, Thomas McGowan, Wayne Liebman
Link to IMDB
Another real oddity from the Bottom of the Barrel: Exhibit #9
![]() |
| Ann |
Dr. Johnson and his assistant Lil work at the university, and McGuire suspects that they're involved with the crimes but he can't find any proof.
Well, he's correct in suspecting them because Doc Johnson has been kidnapping and killing people so that he can use them in his mad experiments to create immortality!!
Ann and Det. McGuire team up as they attempt to uncover what has been going on, but the closer they get to the truth the closer they get to the dangers that Dr. Johnson has in his laboratory refrigerator... Zombies!
For such a simple premise this movie sure is confusing. It's all jumbled nightmares, flashbacks, muffled dialog, and confusing scenes in the dark. Resulting in the impression that the movie has lost its mind and was taking me along with it.
Dr. Johnson and Lil have some sort-of Death Cult, but since I can't really tell which scenes are random dreams or something essential to the plot it's all very strange.
"Why would anyone want to live forever in a world like this?" - McGuire
![]() |
| Det. McGuire Nurse Lil Dr. Johnson |
Adding to the unusual tone is the heavy use of droning narration from Det. McGuire. He tells us every random thought that pops into his head, often overlapping with other dialog in the scenes, making the sludgy sound quality even more incoherent.
I'm pretty sure there was even a scene where he narrates over his own dialog!
![]() |
| I have no idea what's going on here |
Although the zombies don't do much of anything, the movie does establish some eerie vibes and there's a few bloody murders, and I rather enjoyed the fact that I could find laughs and still appreciate the overall creepiness.
Frozen Scream is a freak of nature and a reckless accident, ignoring the rules of filmmaking and yet somehow preposterous enough to hold my attention for a mind-melting 80 minutes.
Similar to A Night to Dismember, it gets extra points just for being so damn odd.
Be sure not to miss:
- There's not much real music, but there's plenty of discordant Skronks, Crunches and Booo-wham's randomly blaring at full volume.
- Lonely hobo.
Internet review:
"I think I actually lost a few IQ points watching it." - Emergency Cheese
Should I watch it?
Probably not, but it's far from the worst thing I've seen.
Where can I find it?
Here on YouTube.
Frozen Scream gets...





No comments:
Post a Comment