19/01/2016

The Geek (1971)


"Ladies and Gentlemen, what you are about to witness
will undoubtedly become indelible in your memory
." - Narrator

Campers regret their search for the sasquatch.
Starring: Six people, one sasquatch.

Link to IMDB

The movie opens with a warning that what I'm about to watch is rated X and for adults only, but I didn't pay much attention to it... I should have!

A monotonous narrator sets the scene, as he outlines the mysteries surrounding the elusive and dangerous sasquatch.
Three men and three women are hiking out into the forest, looking for evidence of the creature which they call "The Geek." There's an extensive scene of them walking as they progress further into the wild, with the narrator occasionally admiring how skilled they are at setting up camp and working as a team. He even casually mentions how the men "share the women." What?
A couple sneak off into the trees to have sex, and this is when I realize that the goddamn warning was right!
It's a full on porno scene, and we see everything!


I waited long enough to see if the narrator had anything to contribute (because that would have been hilarious) but then just fast-forwarded until they were done. It's a sloppy, unenthusiastic affair and not exciting in the least. Okay, now that the movie got that out if its system maybe we can have some plot, because no one has really even said anything yet. Nope, just another sex scene as a couple get busy in their tent!
Dammit, movie! (More fast-forwarding.)

John: "I want to make love."
Valerie: "Sounds groovy."

Meeting the Geek
With a brief running time of only 47 minutes, there's only 15 minutes left after the sex scenes, but this is where things get bizarre! The Geek shows up and he looks like a homeless guy covered in roadkill, wandering around in what seems to be utter confusion. He finds one lady, throws her to the ground and rapes her! Meanwhile, all her nearby friends do nothing to help!!
The "rape" gets pretty bizarre and awkward, but it's also the most hilariously twisted thing I've seen in a long time. It's so poorly depicted that it looks just as dumb as you'd imagine... A guy in a gorilla suit on top of a bored girl. After that, he immediately rapes another one of the girls!! Oh come on, movie!!
Next, the Geek chases everyone and has a little fight with the men, and then just disappears into the wilderness from where he came. The people dust themselves off and decide to head back home.
The end.
Why was this made!? Why did I watch it!?

Be sure not to miss:
- The sasquatch loses his hard-on at one point, and has to masturbate a bit to get back in the game. They could have edited that part out, but I guess the movie needed some character development.
- There's almost no dialog at all, but one guy mentions how he almost screwed his sister. It's just a random anecdote thrown in for no reason!

Internet review:
"By the time it's over, you'll probably feel like you need a bath." - Doc

Should I watch it?
The only reason to watch this is to say that you've seen it, but I'm sure more people claim to have seen Bigfoot than this.

Where can I find it?
I used this video. There are a few others to find through google.

The Geek gets...

No comments:

Post a Comment