03/07/2015

Future Zone (1990)


"You have the right to die... Use it."  - Tucker

John Tucker is back again to clean up the streets, but this time he meets an unusual young man that is eager to help him, in this sequel to Future Force.
Starring: David Carradine, Ted Prior, Gail Jensen, Charles Napier

Link to IMDB  *WARNING* The link will reveal a big spoiler that I won't be mentioning here.


It seems like the future still has problems with criminals and corruption, but luckily Tucker is around to enforce the law with his gunslinger bad-ass attitude. Even more lucky for us, Carradine actually seems to want to be here this time, and his good mood brings more life to the character than ever before. Tucker still has his Power Glove, and it remains an amazing weapon to see in action! Unfortunately, there's even less of it here than the other movie, which left me a bit disappointed.

There are some new things in Tucker's life though. He's married now, and struggles to balance his police work with domestic life. There's also a new young hotshot on the police force, named Billy, who has come to help Tucker whether he likes it or not.




Billy's entrance really leaves us guessing what he's all about. I was already spoiled about his identity, but from what I can tell they do a good job keeping an unaware viewer guessing for quite awhile.

Future fashion
The overall story here is better than the first movie, although it moves a fair bit slower. We get to see the villains in detail, and there's lots of character development and humourous moments for Tucker and Billy. This leaves less time for action, but there's still plenty of gunfights and explosions when they are needed.

Billy: "Where are you going?"
Tucker: "I'm gonna get drunk! ALONE!"

Near the end we start to learn more about who Billy truly is, and the big reveal is quite effective, even if you've already guessed what it's all about. I was left with a good feeling after this movie, despite not understanding why they didn't add way more Power Glove action.

Be sure not to miss:
- I realize the music is supposed to add to the gunslinger vibe, but it gets annoying here.
- That boat exploded 12 times!
- Carradine and Gail Jensen (the wife Marion) were married in real life during this movie.

Internet review:
"Action International Pictures, a name you can trust when it comes to shitty movies." - Tristan

Should I watch it?
It's more enjoyable than the first, and Carradine and Prior do their best to have fun.

Where can I find it?
I recommend this, as it's rather hard to find a good link.

Future Zone gets...

No comments:

Post a Comment