"I'm in the mood for love, simply because they're naked." - Duncan
College boys have a crazy night in the city with vampires.
Starring: Chris Makepeace, Robert Rusler, Deedee Pfeiffer, and Grace Jones
Link to IMDB
Keith and AJ are a couple of college guys trying to join a fraternity, but they want to do something impressive and worthwhile instead of the usual immature initiation pranks. They decide that acquiring the service of a stripper for the next big party will seal the deal. Neither of them has a car, so they begrudgingly get the help of a rich nerd named Duncan, and the trio drive off to the big city in search of a strip joint.
![]() |
| Keith, Duncan, AJ |
![]() |
| Amaretto |
While Keith connects with a friendly waitress named Amaretto, AJ goes backstage to talk to Katrina, but he's about to get more than he bargained for when he discovers that Katrina is a bloodthirsty vampire queen and the entire nightclub is a haven for her clan!!
With help from Amaretto, Keith realizes it's time to escape, but the savage city is full of gangs, weirdos and blood-sucking killers that don't want them to ever see the sunrise again.
Staying firmly in the comedy genre, this is basically After Hours with vampires. Except that After Hours is a damn fine movie made by a legendary director, while Vamp is a jumble of copied ideas from a handful of sources. It also suffers from a very uncharismatic main character, Keith.
There is a cool, surreal atmosphere created with an ethereal neon glow permeating the dingy streets, and it gives the movie a fun, trippy energy I enjoyed. We get some blood and mild carnage with a few murders, but it doesn't create any horror vibes.
![]() |
| Katrina |
I should love everything about the premise of this movie, but it failed to impress me. There's nothing terribly wrong with the movie, it just feels predictable and formulaic. I can see why this would be a nostalgic picture for those that grew-up with it, but besides the occasional moment of weirdo cleverness it wasn't too memorable for me.
Be sure not to miss:
- When little girls attack.
- Grace Jones doesn't say a word, although her wardrobe and make-up speak volumes.
- The excellent Billy Drago as the leader of the albino gang.
- Rats enough!
Internet review:
"Despite the flaws, the ideas that are buried here are a lot of fun." - Prof Mortis
Should I watch it?
It is worth seeing, but it wasn't the gem I was hoping for.
Where can I find it?
Links here.
Vamp gets...





No comments:
Post a Comment