"I said all along that you were degenerates, but I was wrong. You’re morons! As well as degenerates."
- Coach Beetlebom
- Coach Beetlebom
The coach of a college tennis team needs to put together a winning team, or else lose his job.
Starring: Scott Strader, Perry Lang, Donald Gibb, with Christopher Lee
Link to IMDB
![]() |
| Tennis stuff |
The president of the Los Angeles College wants to get some championship sport trophies for his school, and he tasks the failing Coach Director Beetlebom with finding a team to make sure this happens. Out of all the sport teams they have, the men's tennis shows the most promise of actually winning anything, despite the team consisting of party-animals and rowdy troublemakers.
The team is led by Coach Williams, who seems like a decent guy, but he knows he's going to have problems keeping his boys sober and awake as they head to Las Vegas to battle the Texas team in a tournament.
The team consists of the cool Kid (who has a truly awesome introduction,) the nerdy Jeff, a stud named Tex, and a few minority stereotypes. But most importantly, the intense behemoth that is the MVP of the entire movie, Ripper! Played by the always memorable Donald Gibb, he's the main source of all the laughs and enjoyment that this movie has.
Coach Williams has issued strict orders for them to stay out of trouble, but of course these boys can't be reined in, and they head out to party the night away in Las Vegas! Except that this somehow becomes very boring, and I found myself eager to see some tennis instead, as it at least gave the illusion that there was a plot to follow. Luckily, these guys are just as wild on the court as they are when partying.
![]() |
| Ripper ! |
There are many other 80's sport comedies out there that are better than Jocks. There's nothing new here, and most of the jokes fall flat or are just insulting. I didn't truly get bored until near the end, but the main reason I wanted to keep watching was just to see what Ripper would do next.
Be sure not to miss:
- Detective Olivia Benson!
- Kid's awesome Huey Lewis & The News sweatshirt.
- Frankie Avalon was on the Frontier marquee.
- I didn't even know Christopher Lee was in this movie, so it was random that I watched it the day he died. He doesn't get much to do here, but you can tell he's having some fun.
Internet review:
"Buncha guys doin’ buncha stuff for little to no reason." - justin
Should I watch it?
I think it's worth it just to see Ripper in all his glory, but few would agree with me.
Where can I find it?
It lives on YouTube
Jocks gets...




No comments:
Post a Comment