"I don't care if you're a man or woman, just as long as you can move and groove." - Roger
A aerobics gym struggles to beat the competition.
Starring: Daniel Greene, Lee Taylor-Allan, Miguel de Grandy, Helga Line
Link to IMDB
Roger runs his very own aerobics gym where all the buff men and women
go to get sweaty, but recently things haven't been going so well for
the business. Roger's having financial problems, and his girlfriend and
co-workers are leaving him to go work for another gym which is run
by Roger's rival, a rich lady named Marlene.Luckily, Roger meets Annie, an educated and creative trainer who is eager to come work for him. The sexual tension is pretty thick with these two, and they're soon getting into the sexy times.
Annie, along with Roger's accountant and friend, Alvin, begins working on a plan to re-brand and rejuvenate the gym, and soon Roger is seeing some success again.
The good times are short-lived though, because Marlene now starts trying to seduce Annie to work for her, and this causes a rift between Annie and Roger. Desperate to prove that his gym is the best, Roger focuses on training for an upcoming Aerobothon competition between the gyms.
![]() |
| Marlene Alvin Annie |
Roger does some serious soul-searching, but will it be enough to win the competition without Annie by his side? Or will Marlene prove that she has all the aerobics power in the city? There's are some unexpected twists along the way, but it all culminates in an epic competition of muscle, endurance and dance music!
"Don't try to be Arnold Schwarzenegger in one day." - Roger
![]() |
| Lots of this |
I enjoyed this more than I expected. Despite a very simple plot it kept me totally hooked, and underneath all the corny music and aerobic montages there's an inspiring story here about believing in yourself and being your best.
There is some random nudity but it's not too smutty because the movie has its heart in the right place. It may have a meager budget and terrible acting, but it compensates with an upbeat energy that I'll admit had me grooving to the tunes and really hoping that Roger and Annie would find a way to be winners.
Be sure not to miss:
- A headband with sunglasses built into them! Ultimate 80's fashion.
- The muscle man neon sign at the competition.
- I'm assuming the homoeroticism between Roger and Adonis was unintentional. Funny though.
- Some are brief, but I counted ten aerobic montages!
Internet review:
"It should have made more money than Avatar and Forest Gump combined!" - FilmGrape
Should I watch it?
Perfect if you're in the mood for aerobic cheese. (And who isn't?)
Where can I find it?
Links here.
Pulsebeat gets...




No comments:
Post a Comment