"What I need is a werewolf holding a smoking gun." - Prof. Beckmeyer
A strange race of werewolves have appeared in Australia.
Starring: Imogen Annesley, Barry Otto, Lee Biolos, Max Fairchild, Ralph Cotterill
Link to IMDB
Another Howling sequel that has no connection to the previous movies, but I heard great things about it and luckily it's an Australian movie so it fits with this month's theme.
![]() |
| Beckmeyer |
Next we meet a young woman named Jerboa as she runs away from her hillbilly family in the country to seek a better life in Sydney. Her family was abusive and, more importantly, they're all werewolves! She soon meets Donny and he coincidentally offers her a job on the werewolf movie he's making. These two begin to fall in love, and Donny isn't even upset when he learns that Jerboa's a werewolf. Trouble's brewing though because her sisters, disguised as nuns, are searching the city for her.
Donny: "Are you a werewolf?"
Jerboa: "Yes, but I don't want to be."
Jerboa: "Yes, but I don't want to be."
![]() |
| Donny and Jerboa |
Yes, this is all pretty wacky!
Donny follows his love out to the country, and Beckmeyer follows him to get more information. The professor seems to honestly want to help the marsupial-werewolf family, but the government soldiers are intervening and they want all these mutant freaks destroyed.
The special effects are pretty good, while remaining cartoonish enough to fit alongside all the crazy things you'll see here; a werewolf ballerina, a chest bursting monster, werewolf skeletons, and of course the unforgettable birthing scene. The plot is a convoluted mess at times, but it has a lot of fun creating a satire on 80's culture and also a parody of what a werewolf movie can be when the rules are ignored.
Howling 3 intentionally commits to being as weird as possible, and that's something I always admire.
Be sure not to miss:
- Jerboa's little baby thing is actually a real mouse in a rubber costume.
- Best line delivery ever: "No way. I'm just going to die."
- "It Came from Uranus" looks like a great movie.
- Flow backwards.
Internet review:
"If you dig B grade schlock, then dive on into the madness that is Howling III." - marcoblackeye
Should I watch it?
It's too bonkers to miss.
Where can I find it?
Here on YouTube.
The Howling 3 gets...





No comments:
Post a Comment