"There's a pack of hot dogs in the refrigerator, if you go get them you can have one." - Travis
Travis takes in a stray dog, which turns out being an ultra-intelligent runaway from a genetic research lab. But the dog is being stalked by deadly jerks and an even deadlier monster.
Starring: Corey Haim, Michael Ironside, Barbara Williams
Link to IMDB
![]() |
| Travis (left) and Fur Face. |
![]() |
| "That's the last time Corey makes me watch Dream a Little Dream 2." |
I did have to question the intelligence of the dog, if out of all the people in town he chooses Corey Haim as his friend. But then again, I've willingly sat through almost every Corey Haim movie, so what do I know? To be fair though, Haim isn't too bad here. This was before his drug-fueled straight-to-video era, and he does a decent job being a likeable teenager in the middle of a crazy situation, much like his work in Silver Bullet.
The story is based on a popular Dean Koontz novel, but apparently the movie gets a lot of criticism for not being faithful to the source material. I had no frame of reference about the book, so was left feeling satisfied enough with how it all plays out. I felt the final climax was actually a decent pay off, and I might even check out the sequel which is supposed to be even worse. Yes!
![]() |
| On the internet, no one knows you're a dog. |
Be sure not to miss:
- Fur Face is such a dumb name.
- Aren't dogs not supposed to eat chocolate?
- The veterinarian is Don Davis, he was Scully's dad on The X-Files.
Internet review:
"The film is worth it for the sight of Haim getting stabbed in the leg and screaming like Demi Moore." - WaltC
Should I watch it?
A decent story, and you get a cool dog outsmarting Corey Haim.
Where can I find it?
On YouTube
Watchers gets...





No comments:
Post a Comment