"You're making records, videos, movies, on high-tech electronic equipment of fantastic sophistication. And you're scared of werewolves!" - Sandra
Vincent Raven is a rock star returning to his hometown to film a music video, but the locals warn him that someone let the dogs out.
Starring: Alice Cooper, Victoria Vera, and an overworked fog machine
Link to IMDB
![]() |
| Why am I here ? |
As the movie crawls along, slowly revealing some back-story on the past of Vincent's troubled family, there's actually a bit of suspense and a few gory moments to keep the danger feeling real. We do get a few glimpses of some sort of monster, but I spent half the time just trying to figure out if I was watching a dream sequence, a music video, or the actual plot itself. What adds to this confusion is the liberal use of a fog machine, doing its best to keep the movie in a constant state of spooky surrealism. There's also some very poor voice dubbing, which doesn't bother me in general, except that Cooper didn't even dub his own dialog. When you're familiar with someone's voice it's very distracting to hear some other guy saying all the lines.
![]() |
| We'll be safe here, miles away from the plot. |
"You look like a couple of queers to me! Queers make...... MY STOMACH TURN!" - Redneck
![]() |
| Fog dogs |
Be sure not to miss:
- There's two Alice Cooper songs, so at least we get to see him have some fun with those.
- Stop saying "crisises." It's not a word!!
- In the dream sequence, her shirt says "Dream" on it. Thanks, wardrobe!
- Fog, fog and more fog.
- Well, I might as well include the music video for Identity Crisises (spoiler free)
Internet review:
"why it turns into a spaghetti Western halfway through is anybody's guess." - SeanG
Should I watch it?
There's definitely something here, but it would be better with a few beers and someone to laugh along with.
Where can I find it?
This video works.
Apparently there's also a decent transfer version on Netflix.
Monster Dog gets...





No comments:
Post a Comment