"I hate stinkin' pancakes!!" - Duke
Five former cub scouts have a reunion and go camping on the mountain they never conquered. High jinks ensue when their childhood enemies and a group of escaped convicts get involved.
Starring: Tim Thomerson, Richard Lewis, John Goodman, Richard Belzer, Brion James, Ernie Hudson ...oh yeah, and Louie Anderson.
Link to IMDB
![]() |
| Do we really need Louie Anderson here ? |
Even with this great star studded cast I was expecting a train wreck, but I ended up being pleasantly surprised. The movie is insane and some of the antics get a bit over the top, but there are some real laughs here and all the actors know how to make the wacky material work. Well, except Louie Anderson. Holy cow he is terrible. He can't deliver a line to save his life and feels so out of place next to everyone else. His character is also such a whiner. All the other guys are way cooler, including the bad guys! Richard Lewis might be on too much cocaine, but he still outshines Louie fuckin' Anderson.
I realized afterwards that this was written and directed by Danny Bilson, the man who gave us Trancers, and he's in top form here too.
![]() |
| The Grunski bros |
| The Duke |
"No, you don't understand, I've got Duke in my face, man!" - Tim
Of course there's a bunch of people out to ruin this beautiful camping trip, and that's when we realize there's a lot of silliness planned ahead. Two goofy brothers want to stir up trouble like they used to, but there's a bigger problem that everyone will have to deal with: Three escaped convicts, led by the grim Duke. The scene of him raging at the pancake house is one of my favourites.
The guys will meet other wacky characters out in the forest, but most importantly there is a squirrel that gets tangled up in the plot. I wish they had included more of the squirrel puppet, but what we do get feels special.
![]() |
| Squirrels, nature's hoarders |
Everyone involved really seems to cut loose and have some fun with the movie, and I did too... Except Louie Anderson. Fuck Louie Anderson!
Be sure not to miss:
- The greatest surfing moment in film history. Tim Thomerson can do no wrong.
- Pancake face.
Internet review:
"If you are up for a barrage of nonsense then pick this slice of cinematic absurdity for your viewing pleasure." - timothy1146
Should I watch it?
Yes, just be sure to bring your ticket for the Louie Anderson hate train.
Where can I find it?
The filenuke and sharesix links here work well after some buffering.
The Wrong Guys gets...





No comments:
Post a Comment