"What's going on here?" - Alice
A rock 'n roll star travels through time to save the world.
Starring: Rob Hartley, Jeff Duff, Roz Wason, Dagmar Blahova, Elizabeth Richmond
Link to IMDB
The movie opens with a rock 'n roll star named Black Alice flying across his stage on a dildo shaped missile, and things are only going to get weirder from there...
![]() |
| Black Alice |
The lead scientist of the government is a cruel lady named Honour who is eager to get rid of Alice, so she and a mad doctor named Secta capture and torture him, but somehow Alice is inadvertently sent 100 years into the future!!
The future that Alice finds himself in has been completely destroyed by a nuclear war, but he gets help from two savage survivors, Djard and X, who take him to see the mad doctor Secta who is still alive.
Alice is determined to get back to the past so he can prevent the apocalypse and rescue a lady named Hope, so Secta sends him on an adventure to find a device called The Shine. Along with his new savage friends, Alice travels through the ruins of the future, fighting a freak monster and singing rock tunes as he tries to save the world.
Consider it a fluke if any of that made sense, because this movie is pure chaos from start to finish... But that's not necessarily a bad thing.
![]() |
| Hope Honour Secta |
The plot here is almost always difficult to understand, as everything feels like a jumbled mess of bizarre sci-fi escapades and anarchistic melodrama all smashed together. I was often asking myself "What the hell?" or "What am I seeing?" as I tried to make sense of where the story was taking Black Alice.
The director has stated that the movie lost a lot of funding, so he had to remove portions of the story and improvise as he went along. That definitely explains the haphazard aspects of how everything is put together, but there's still enough enthusiasm here to not kill the fun vibes that the movie has in abundance.
![]() |
| The Freak |
Although not fully a musical, there are a few songs intertwined into the story. It's mostly cheesy rock, but Black Alice was a real Australian band so the songs do have some merit to them. (Not to mention a wild rendition of the 1969 classic Something in the Air.)
Sons of Steel is one of those movies that you have to turn your brain off to fully appreciate, but I can't deny that I had fun and I'm glad to have finally watched this obscure Australian film.
Be sure not to miss:
- Don't be the kind of guy that picks his underwear out of his butt while talking to someone.
- Don't name your child Suggs Dicks.
- The Freak's dong.
Internet review:
"I'm kind of at a loss for words." - Scumbalina
Should I watch it?
If you're in the mood for chaos.
Where can I find it?
Links Here.
Sons of Steel gets...





No comments:
Post a Comment