High school kids drive around and eat burgers instead of making a movie.
Starring: Michael Mullins, Robert Carradine, Jennifer Ashley, Lisa Reeves
Link to IMDB
Johnny and Jesse are two wild teenage guys, and when they're not busy training for football they're looking for any reason to drive reckless and chase the ladies. They usually hang with two cheerleaders, Laurie and Sally, but there are always other girls catching their eye, too. It's not all good times though, because the Coach has begun pressuring the guys to train more seriously, and they often get into fistfights with a rival named Duane.
I know I might often say that a movie "barely has any plot," but I mean it with complete sincerity here. There is no narrative to follow! It's just Johnny and Jesse hanging-out with girls, getting harassed by the Coach, and picking the occasional fight... But nothing is forming a story! There are also a few scenes of random antics, like when they steal a firetruck and take it for a joy-drive, but it has no connection to anything else in the movie. Some scenes don't even have dialog, instead there's just groovy summer jams playing over the "action" of highschool classes and people kissing in the backseats of cars.
"Dog shit would dance before it went out with you." - Jesse
![]() |
| Most of the movie is this. |
In comparison, this makes American Graffiti and Dazed & Confused look as complex as a Shakespearean play.
Be sure not to miss:
- The very awkward (and possibly homoerotic) food fight.
- I hope you like cherry red 1955 Chevrolet One-Fiftys, because that car is in pretty much every scene!
- There's about 3 minutes of cheerleading related activities in the entire movie, so the title makes no sense.
Internet review:
"The main message here appears to be that the 70s kind of sucked." - LMBowman
Should I watch it?
Nope, there are many better options from the genre.
Where can I find it?
Poor quality on YouTube, so I watched the vidzi link here.
The Pom Pom Girls gets...




No comments:
Post a Comment